How would you feel about your senior project being showcased ta the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum in Washington? Team “FIUAV” brought their autonomous plane with high-definition cameras and full on-board computer to the Museum in April 2012.
The result of two semesters of work from four Mechanical Engineering seniors, this system also went to the AUVSI competition in Madrid.
Beyond this stellar project, the creativity and research of the Mechanical Engineering profession impact health, exploration, manufacturing and technology. Mechanical engineering is critical to space exploration, environmental control, defense, transportation and bioengineering.
- Minor in Aerospace Engineering
- Minor in Energy Systems
- Minor in Engineering Science
- Minor in Mechanical Design
- Minor in Robotics and Mechatronics
- BSMS Mechanical Engineering / Materials – Five-year combined program
- Master of Science (MS) Mechanical Engineering
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering – Design, Mechanics and Robotics or Thermo-Fluids
- Professional Certificate in Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning
You can specialize in:
- Thermo / Fluid
- Mechanics / Materials
- Design and Manufacturing
Take a look at our undergraduate or graduate admissions requirements, learn about financial aid or find out more on the mechanical and material engineering site. For our full course list, visit our catalog. (PDF)