Graduate Admission Requirements
Considering our program? You’ll need to meet the university requirements as well as the ones for our program (listed below). You must also have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited school.
We also offer the one-year Professional and Evening MSEM programs designed for engineers and working professionals in almost any technical field.
If you’re an international student, you’ll need a degree from a school of higher learning authorized to grant degrees in your country.
The minimum requirements for admission into the Master of Science in Engineering Management are:
- Completed Graduate Application and fee ($30). Apply Now
- Official transcripts from an accredited institution showing completion of a baccalaureate degree or higher, with a Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (upper division)
- Official GRE scores of 1,000 or higher. School code: 5206 (not required if GPA is 3.0 or higher). Register for GRE Testing
- Resume / 3 Letters / Statement
- Official TOEFL / IELTS scores (if applicable)
The application for admission and all related documents should be sent to:
Florida International University
College of Engineering and Computing
10555 West Flagler Street, EC 2430
Attn: Graduate Admissions, Dean’s Office
Miami, FL 33174-1630, USA
You’ll be informed of the final admission decision when the Graduate School and the Faculty Committee of the academic department have reviewed your file.
As a prerequisite to registration, Florida International University requires all students born after December 31, 1956 to present documented proof of immunity to measles (Rubeola) and German measles (Rubella).
In addition to meeting all the admission requirements of FIU and the academic program, international students must obtain a student visa to attend classes in the United States.
Apply early! Submit your application and supporting documents by the Priority Consideration deadline dates.
To claim in-state tuition, you must provide copies of two of the following documents showing Florida residency for at least the last 12 months prior to the beginning of the semester:
- Florida voter registration information
- Florida driver’s license or state ID
- Florida vehicle registration information
You may also submit one of the documents above, accompanied by copies of at least two of the following documents:
- Lease, rental or mortgage contract
- Letter from utility company (Electric, telephone, cable, etc.)
- Employment letter with current W-2 or W-4
- Bank letter (indicating activity in account for 12 consecutive months)
- Professional License
- Current Florida Public School contract
- In-state tuition receipt from another Florida State School (last 12 months)
- Active Duty military orders
- Warranty Deed
- Declaration of Domicile
You may take classes as a non-degree seeking student while you apply for admission. Up to 12 credits (four classes) may be applied to your degree if you’re accepted into the program.
Need help? Get in touch:
Associate Director for Graduate Affairs
Graduate Admissions Assistant
Office: EC 2430