Information Technology in Civil Engineering
The ITCE program brings information, communication and computing technology to the civil and environmental engineering professionals, who otherwise have little opportunity to be exposed to the rapidly changing technologies and techniques in these areas. The proposed program will provide the opportunity to learn the basics and application techniques of these technologies in an organized, systematic, and formal setting. This program will also help professional engineers (PE’s) earn continuing education credits required to retain their registration.
A minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75 is required for admission.
International graduate student applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit a score for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). A total score of 80 on the iBT TOEFL or 6.3 overall on the IELTS is required.
The program offers a set of carefully selected courses on computing and information technologies tailored to the needs of engineers in the fields of civil and environmental engineering, including structural, transportation, geotechnical, construction, and water resources engineering. To earn a graduate certificate in ITCE, the students must successfully complete the program’s core and elective courses with an overall GPA of 3.0. The ITCE curriculum consist of 18 credit hours – six courses (three core + three elective) of three credit hours each.
Required ITCE Core Courses:
- CGN 6424 Advanced Computing in Civil Engineering 3
- CGN 6308 Intelligent Civil Engineering Systems 3
- CCE 5505 Computer Integrated Construction Eng. 3
Elective ITCE Courses (select 3):
- CGN 5321 GIS Applications for Civil and Environmental Engineering 3
- CES 5565 Computer Applications in Structures 3
- CGN 6325 Advanced GIS for Civil and Environmental Engineering 3
- CGN 5315 Civil Engineering Systems 3
- BCN 5784 Construction Information Systems 3
- EIN 6117 Advanced Industrial Information Systems 3
- ISM 6222 Telecommunications Network 3
- MAN 6830 Organization Information Systems 3